|Snow on Cadman Plaza West. By MK Metz|
NYC Emergency Management is advising everyone in the NYC area to prepare for a nor'easter*, forecast to bring cold temperatures, 12-18 inches of snow, and winds of 20-30mph with gusts up to 50mph. Winds and the weight of the snow could cause tree damage and power outages.
The mysterious governing body that name storms have dubbed this one "Stella."
○ Heaviest snowfall is expected in the morning through the afternoon, with rates as much as 2 to 4 inches per hour possible.
○ Slippery roads and visibility of one quarter mile or less at times. Avoid driving.
○ Coastal Flood Watch from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday.
○ Alternate Side Parking regulations are suspended on Tuesday and Wednesday. Meters remain in effect. Garbage/recycling collections will be suspended once snow operations begin.
○ If this thing drags on, check in on housebound neighbors.
*According to Wikipedia,a nor'easter is a "macro-scale cyclone."Nor'easters differ from tropical cyclones in that nor'easters are cold-core low-pressure systems, as opposed to warm ones.
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.