Last year's Red Hook Fest
Brooklyn is overflowing with festivals this weekend, with dance parties in Red Hook to robots at MetroTech to art in Bushwick to Zombies in Williamsburg. Here's the list:
* The Red Hook Festival is already under way. Friday night: Community BBQ & Dance Party. On Saturday, the Red Hook Rebirth Parade begins at Coffey Park at 10 a.m. Then head to Valentino Pier & Park for a full day of mainstage performances and activities, like free Kayak rides in New York Harbor.
* The World Science Festival is returning to Brooklyn on Saturday, with events at two locations: MetroTech / NYU-Poly in Downtown Brooklyn, and Brooklyn Bridge Park. Read our post about this very cool geeky event here.
* Zombies return to Williamsburg on June 2 for a blood-soaked bar crawl. Get made up at the Knitting Factory, surge onto Bedford Avenue and stagger to McCarren Park with 1,000 other walking dead.
* Liberty Weekend from Friday to Sunday in New Utrecht features Revolutionary and Civil War re-enactors, historical displays, lectures and the firing of a Civil War cannon.
* P.S. 29 Carnival Friday night in Cobble Hill. P.S. 32 Carnival Saturday afternoon in Carroll Gardens.
* The Atlantic Avenue Wedding Extravaganza on Saturday will include mock weddings, an open-air fashion show on Boerum Place -- and puppies dressed in wedding gear at Adam Yauch Playground!
* Bushwick Open Studios, a three day arts and culture festival with performances, exhibitions, music and film.
* The Fifth Avenue Spring Festival, a giant street fair complete with carnival games, rides, outdoor concerts by Brooklyn bands, sidewalk cafes and more will take place on Sunday from 69th Street to 85th Street, from noon to 6 p.m.
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.