The 2nd annual 5x10 Talks are taking place at 7:30 pm on Wednesday, May 6th at BRIC. Might want to buy your tickets now, as last year's event sold out.
This year's speakers include the Brooklyn Brewery brewmaster, the co-founders of Tough Mudder and Brooklyn Industries, an award-winning novelist, and an architect who helped design Barclays Center.
These five Brooklyn innovators will speak for 10 minutes each on the subject of “What’s Next?”
- Vishaan Chakrabarti, Principal of SHoP Architects, which designed Barclays Center, among other Brooklyn projects;
- Will Dean, CEO and Co-Founder of Tough Mudder, a Downtown Brooklyn-based company which offers team-oriented obstacle courses;
- Lexy Funk, CEO and Co-Founder of Brooklyn Industries, the lifestyle clothing and accessories retailer with 16 stores in three states, including one on Fulton Mall;
- Bernice L. McFadden, author of nine critically-acclaimed novels and a Brooklyn native;
- Garrett Oliver, the brewmaster for Brooklyn Brewery and one of the foremost beer authorities in the world.
Interspersed among the talks will be performances by local cultural organizations, including Bang on a Can’s Asphalt Orchestra; a video presentation by BRIC; and writer and performance artist Najee Omar, presented by MoCADA.
The event is sponsored by the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership and others.
Buy tickets here.
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.