|Pacific Park, Brooklyn|
The whole article is worth reading through, but here are a few points:
* The promised central promenade won't appear for years, and the open space won't be done until 2025
* Strip away the buildings, and the space resembles a spine with some squiggly vertebrae
* The green will abut construction sites for the next decade
* The "main lawn" is tiny, little more than one-third an acre
* The amount of open space is well below the city average for the population around it.
* The street trees pictured do not resemble the actual plan. Many won't actually be there at all.
Read more at:
"Just like a normal accessible park"? Misleading rhetoric and incomplete information behind the (inadequate) Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park open space [Atlantic Yards Report]
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.