From The Verge: Amazon has cut a deal to acquire the independently produced Creative Control (above), a dark satire about the tech industry that premiered at SXSW in March. Creative Control tells the story of an advertising executive tasked with selling "Augmenta" wearable glasses. The film is set in an achingly hip corner of Brooklyn, and featuring a cast made up of actual tech executives and future-savvy celebrities . . .
More Brooklyn News:
- No more Polytechnic name in Brooklyn? Brooklyn’s NYU Poly receives $100 million, changes name to ‘NYU Tandon School of Engineering.' [Brooklyn Eagle]
- Scenes from Grace Church's blessing of the animals. [BHB]
- Residents say Brooklyn super's body cam is an invasion of privacy. [CBS]
- 2nd body found in Borough Park rubble. [Brooklyn Eagle] and [NBC]
- You know that truck with 3,000 lbs. of marijuana cops discovered on Monday? Three of the guys arrested are from Brooklyn. [Daily News]
- "New Brooklyn" is a comic universe which "encapsulates the borough’s spirit" with comics starring Brooklyn as their centerpieces and created by Brooklyn writers and artists. [Newsarama]
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.