- Dying to try out a new restaurant in Brooklyn? Dine in Brooklyn runs from March 15 - 25; lunch is $20.10 and diner costs $25. More than 175 restaurants are participating this year, from Alma in Carroll Gardens to Queen in Brooklyn Heights to Bar Tabac in Boerum Hill to Blue Ribbon in Park Slope, etc. Some restaurants are even offering 2-fers: Brunch 2-for $20.10; Lunch 2-for $20.10 and Dinner 2-for $25.00 (like Rice in DUMBO). Full list of participating restaurants here.
- New food truck options come to DUMBO. DumboNYC
- A new bagel place at the corner of Prospect and Vanderbilt, by the owners of Zaytoons? Brownstoner
- Two new Checkers will peddle their burgers and fries in Bushwich and East Flatbush. Brooklyn Eagle
- Eating champ Kobayashi beats world meatball record at Fulton Ferry Landing. That's 29 meatballs in one minute! DumboNYC
- A new restaurant appears to be coming to Bridgeview Tower at 189 Bridge St. Brooklyn Paper
- A group of ultra-Orthodox rabbis says smoked salmon should no longer be considered kosher because the fish often contain parasitic worms. NY Post
- "The appetite of a hunter comes in handy at Vinegar Hill House," writes NYC Food Guy. Skip the appetizers and move right on to the entrees. NYC Food Guy
Photo by MK Metz
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.