Tracking PlaNYC 2030.
So how's it going?
According to Ink Lake, the regional Superfund director calls the Gowanus, “as heavily contaminated a waterway as we’ve ever seen.”
First problem encountered: "The stuff is eating through the heavy-duty plastic that they use to drill core samples."
And it gets worse from here.
- Gowanus Canal Superfund Designation: Who's Happy, Who's Sad . . .
- Gowanus Whole Foods Brownfield Cleanup Meeting
- Kentile As a Symbol of Gowanus
- Has Whole Foods Given Up on Gowanus?
- Toll Brothers Gowanus Development Meeting
- Gowanus Canal Solution: Aquablock!
Photo by Brainware3000, Creative Commons License
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.