|February's Pratt fire. MK Metz|
Low humidity combined with "gusty west winds" and "dry fine fuels" will lead to "increased fire spread if ignition occurs."
* AFFECTED AREA...NEW YORK CITY...LONG ISLAND...THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY...SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT AND NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY.
* WINDS...WEST 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...AS LOW AS 21 PERCENT.
* TIMING...THE STRONGEST WINDS AND LOWEST RELATIVE HUMIDITIES WILL OCCUR WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS...INCREASED FIRE SPREAD IF IGNITION OCCURS.
A FIRE WEATHER WATCH MEANS THAT CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS
ARE FORECAST TO OCCUR.
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.