|Lunchtime at the Arch in DUMBO. Photo: MK Metz|
- BAMcinemaFest, called the city’s best showcase for independent films, started Wednesday night. [BAM]
- Greenpoint's floating barge bar (and community play space and aquatic center) will be serving booze soon. [Eater]
- Dear Lord: A '90s Fest is coming to Williamsburg in September. [Newsweek]
- Transit cop stabbed; shoots and kills suspect in Brooklyn. [amNY]
- The Brooklyn Veterans Affairs Medical Center plans on closing its 12 West Wing for 15 months, resulting in the loss of 25 acute medical and surgical beds. [Queens Chronicle]
- "The Fence," a very, very long installation showcasing the work of 40 photographers, has reopened for its fourth year in Brooklyn Bridge Park. [Paper Mag]
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.