The weather Saturday is expected to be nice, so why not get out there and have fun? (Sunday's forecast is for rain...) Here are a few of the fests in the works:
- Spike Lee is throwing a Prince Purple People Party in honor of the musician's birthday this weekend. The party stars at noon on Saturday, June 4 at Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration. See "Spike Lee on WhoSay."
- Also this Saturday Go Green! Brooklyn Festival is taking over McCarren Park. Participants can engage with and learn about sustainability initiatives while sampling local food, participating in live-action art projects, music performances, and more. [Greenpointers]
- On Saturday at 7 p.m., enjoy stargazing at the World Science Festival in Brooklyn Bridge Park. Includes a meet-and-greet with astronaut Anna Fisher, an interactive light show, soccer-playing robots, skateboard demonstration and “Star Chat” conversations about the cosmos with leading scientists. [BBP]
- Bay Ridge is the place to be this Sunday if you like food, live music, dance performances and pizza-eating contests. The Fifth Avenue Spring Festival takes place from noon to 6 p.m. along Fifth Avenue from Bay Ridge Avenue (69th Street) to 85th Street. [Brooklyn Eagle]
- Art of Brooklyn Film Festival, focused exclusively on the borough of Kings, will kick off on Saturday with a free outdoor showing on Sunset Park’s central lawn. [Brooklyn Daily]
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.