- George F. Will writes a spirited condemnation of the use of government-subsidized seizure of other people’s property for the enrichment of a private developer in Brooklyn. National Post
- The city has hired a team of architects to beautify the BQE ditch cutting through Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens. Curbed
- A 25-year-old aspiring Brooklyn filmmaker, Rory James O’Sullivan, died of a brain tumor. His friends had mounted a special “Rock4Rorz” benefit concert featuring notable area bands and a rare reunion of the Fugs, a legendary underground rock band from the 1960s. Brooklyn Eagle
- The Clarette site at 340 Court Street in Carroll Gardens cleared a hurdle at a Community Board 6 Land Use Committee Meeting. Pardon Me For Asking
- Former Comptroller Bill Thompson plans to "take another crack" at becoming New York's mayor in 2013. New York Magazine
- Hope is fading fast for Brooklyn's own Whole Foods. NY Daily News
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.