A done deal: From the Brooklyn Eagle: The National Park Service on Monday issued a decision that confirms that the Tobacco Warehouse in DUMBO is not "restricted to outdoor recreation" and that "plans to use it as a cultural and community center can continue to move forward."
The Brooklyn Heights Association will continue their lawsuit against this "back room" deal, a spokesperson told the Eagle.
In January, the Brooklyn Heights Association argued that the National Park Service (NPS) had illegally removed the Tobacco Warehouse from the Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park’s map "so that it could be given to a private organization for free and for its sole and permanent use." (More at Gothamist.)
- Three Brooklyn Heights Association Members Resign in Tobacco Warehouse Flap
- When the Tobacco Warehouse Had a Roof
- Handing Over Tobacco Warehouse in DUMBO 'Insulting': Flemming
- RFP Issued for Tobacco Warehouse in DUMBO
- Tobacco Warehouse, Acute Corner, DUMBO
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.