Listed below are a few Brooklyn restaurants that have managed to rack up a surprisingly large number of violation points on their Dept. of Health inspections.
Violation points are given for filth, food held at the wrong temperature, flies and mice, etc. Restaurants with 0 - 13 violation points receive a grade of A; those with 14 - 27 receive a B; and with 28 or more a C.
All of the restaurants below have received a C or an equivalent "Grade Pending," meaning they will be reinspected until they score below 28 or are closed by the Health Department. (There are many more C restaurants in Brooklyn, but their scores probably don't surprise anybody.)
The Dirty Not-Quite Dozen:
- Grimaldi's (1 Front Street): Grade Pending, 30 violation points.
- Jack the Horse Tavern (66 Hicks Street): Grade Pending, 29 violation points
- Ozu Japanese Restaurant ( 78 Clark Street): C, 44 violation points
- Andy's (128 Montague Street): C, 51 violation points
- Rice (81 Washington Street): C, 28 violation points
- St. Ann's Warehouse (38 Water Street): C, 38 violation points
- Habana Outpost (757 Fulton Street): C, 35 violation points
- Tenda Asian Fusian (1734 Sheepshead Bay Road): Grade Pending, 67 violation points!!
- Patricia's Restaurant (35 Broadway): Grade Pending, 42 violation points
Anybody want to add to this list?
Photo by Gravityx9, Creative Commons license
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.