|Photo by Cristian Ramírez|
* Parade takes off afrom87th Street and Third Ave., goes to Marine Ave. then up to Fourth Ave. and over to John Paul Jones Park, for a memorial service that includes a Wreath Laying, Flag Raising, Playing of Taps and a 21 gun-salute by Soldiers from the US Army Fort Hamilton Garrison.
* The Veterans of Foreign Wars will lead all Brooklyn Veteran Service Organizations: the Kings County American Legion, Catholic War Veterans, Jewish War Veterans, Korean War Veterans, Vietnam Veterans of America, Disabled American Veterans, Women Veterans, Gulf War Veterans, the Military Order of the Purple Heart, the Brooklyn “Key Chapter” American Ex-Prisoners of War, United War Council of New York, and Iraq and Afghanistan War Veterans, Wounded Warriors, the NYPD and FDNY.
* Antique fire trucks and autos will also be featured in the parade, along with Boy and Girl Scouts, Sea Cadets, Explorers and many Brooklyn High School bands.
* Special guests are Military Service Dogs and their handlers.
* The 2014 Grand Marshal will be Gold Star Mothers.
* The Deputy Grand Marshal will be the families of the Fort Hamilton Military Community.
* Reviewing Officer is Colonel Eluyn Ginés, Commander, US Army Garrison Fort Hamilton.
More at www.brooklynmemorialdayparade.com
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.