Driver in custody after striking & killing 14 year-old Mohammad Uddin and fleeing scene on Caton Ave. #NYPD #Brooklyn pic.twitter.com/WuLNucY34R
— Allison Papson (@AllisonPapson) November 21, 2014
-After community input meetings, the draft "Gowanus Bridging" initiative will be presented by Councilman Lander this Monday. The Pardon Me for Asking Blog says it's a sham.
- Buyers of Brooklyn Heights Cinema building going for condos. [Brooklyn Eagle]
- A 28-year-old NJ woman was found dead in a parked sedan yesterday in front of a bakery in Bensonhurst. [BensonhurstBean]
- The Cranberry Street Tunnel, which is used by A and C trains between Brooklyn and Manhattan, will be closed for 40 weekends starting this spring. [Gothamist]
- Shut out of P.S. 8? P.S. 307 in Vinegar Hill is hosting open houses (209 York Street) on Nov. 21 from 9-10am, December 8 from 6-7pm, and December 12 from 9-10am. They have pre-K. [DumboNYC]
- Wrongful death suit of Brooklyn ‘Kung Fu Judge' Phillips moving ahead. [Brooklyn Eagle]
- Another round of voting took place Thurs. to determine how $19,500,000 from the Exxon-Mobil oil spill will be spent on Greenpoint. [Brownstoner]
- After flurry of excitement, Bed-Stuy man tests negative for Ebola. [News12]
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.