Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Total Re-Do at the Happy Days Diner in Brooklyn Heights

Everyone's been worried that this 24-hour diner on Montague Street is closing, but workers told McBrooklyn that the joint is just getting a really big re-do. They also said that the same owner will continue to run the not-fancy-but-dependable eatery.

Happy Days was certainly due for a major renovation. Nothing had been fixed up in there since The Fonze was in diapers.

Here you can see that the booths, the counter, yes, the juke box and everything else has been ripped out. What wonders are to come?

Photo by MK Metz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will they re-do the cooking? I like good food, but I'll eat almost anything once I've paid for it. (My grandparents made me feel like I had lived through the depression.) But the last non-breakfast meal there, neither my wife nor I could eat the food...simply awful.

Anonymous said...

Breakfast. They can't ruin an egg.

Anonymous said...

I worked there under the original owner about 16 years ago and that's where I met my husband. I was working the graveyard shift after my day job to make extra cash and he would come in after hanging out at the Waterfront Ale House and we'd chat. Memories...

Anonymous said...

I ate there about ten years ago. It was the only restaurant open on Christmas day, at that time. Now it seems that other restaurants are open on Christmas, but that wasn't the case back then.

Anonymous said...

I was very excited to eat a few times at the Happy Days Diner being it was used in the movie Shooting Livien staring Jason Behr and Dominic Monaghan! Plus I loved the old 50's feel to it! It was special and unique! This is truely the end of an error!