Thursday, June 12, 2008

Whatever Happened to Las Tres Palmas?

Las Tres Palmas, an old-style Latin restaurant, used to be on Court Street in Brooklyn Heights. Then it moved to 121 Livingston Street off of Boerum Place in Downtown Brooklyn. LTP was one of the better places to get dishes like chicken chiccharones, but we sort of forgot about it after it moved.

Been a long time, so we walked to Livingston the other day and -- OMG -- they're gone. Now Taino Soleil is in the spot. We heard it officially opened with a "blowout celebration" last Friday night. Anybody try it yet?

Photos by MK Metz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure this space was a restaurant called Makala (or something similar) before Taino Soleil moved in. Don't remember Las Tres Palmas...

Anonymous said...

Yep, I think it was Makayla, a soul food place.

I'm kind of curious though since we saw a real estate listing for this entire corner to be sold for $20mm "delivered empty".... oh, that's only for 123-129 Livingston.

Good luck taino soleil!

mcbrooklyn said...

You're right, I remember Makayla. People seemed to like it. Wonder why it closed?

Anonymous said...

yeah there was a latino rest.. before makayla ..but Taino soleil got some good latino food ..and great service

Anonymous said...

last friday I had my birthday party there, even though I knew it was a new spot. It turned out great the manager gave me a free bottle of moet, they treated me real well, the wings are to really good. The drinks are good and so are the prices. Thank you Taino Soleil hope you have success. And you are all right that spot was les palmes and makayla also. The wait for food threw people off.