Councilwoman Letitia James has contacted the elusive head of Boerum Hill's "toxic preschool" (Brooklyn Children's Academy Preschool), Andy Lewis, with a little question about all the refunds he owes the parents.
Now it seems like the parents -- along with a long line of teachers, landlords, and other people who have had dealing with Lewis -- may be out of luck.
According to the Brooklyn Eagle, James said that Lewis has hired a lawyer, and he's got no money. If a parent wins in court, “It’s a paper victory,” James told the Eagle.
- Promises of Refund to Parents Underline History of Scandal As Toxic Preschool Moves On Brooklyn Eagle
UPDATE: Catch up with later news about Andy Lewis here.
- 'Toxic' Preschool Families Get Help From Brooklyn Borough Hall Brooklyn Eagle
- 'Toxic Boerum Hill Preschool to Reopen, Director Says McBrooklyn
- 'Toxic' Brooklyn School to Reopen? Brooklyn Eagle
- More Trouble at 'Toxic' Preschool in Boerum Hill McBrooklyn
- 'Toxic' Preschool Parents Wonder: Where's the Money? Brooklyn Eagle
- Brooklyn Children's Academy Preschool Nightmares A Child Grows in Brooklyn
- Toxic Preschool in Brooklyn? Brooklyn Eagle
- 'Toxic' Preschool in Boerum Hill? McBrooklyn