UPDATE 2: Fire Department cancels event!
Bob Diamond's famous Atlantic Avenue Tunnel is the awesome venue for this weekend's Rooftop Films presentation.
Diamond's regular Atlantic Avenue Tunnel tours, where flashlight-bearing urban spelunkers climb down into a half-mile ling, cavelike tunnel deep under the avenue (near Trader Joe's), attract hundreds. Prior to the screenings, Bob will be conducting a tour of the tunnel, and his recounting of the history of this historic treasure is not to be missed. Following the screening, there will be an after party at Last Exit Bar and Lounge at 136 Atlantic Avenue, with complimentary drinks courtesy of Sailor Jerry Rum.
Saturday's event is sold out. Some tickets left for Sunday; see below.
UPDATE: Sorry, the Sunday show just sold out, too. Rooftop Films informs us that there will be more of these shows in February.
1:00 p.m. Doors Open
1:45 p.m. Presentation by Bob Diamond
2:15 p.m. Films begin
4:15 p.m. After-party following the screening at Last Exit bar with complimentary Sailor Jerry Rum (136 Atlantic Ave)
Tickets are $20 online or at the door. Tickets and more information here.
IMPORTANT - Please Note: Must be 18 or over to attend the screening (after-party is 21+). Entrance is through the Atlantic Avenue Tunnel via a ladder through a manhole in the middle of Atlantic Avenue. Attendees should wear comfortable shoes and those who are incapable of climbing up and down a 10-foot ladder should not plan on attending the event. You must sign a liability waiver before entering the tunnel. There are no chairs in the tunnel. Tarps will be placed on the ground to sit on, and attendees may bring small cushions as well. There are no bathrooms in the tunnel. Plan on using a restroom before you enter.
Photo courtesy of Rooftop Films
- Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tours Saved! BP Markowitz Prevails Upon Bob Diamond
- Atlantic Tunnel's Bob Diamond Leaving Brooklyn? Say It Ain't So!
- Quite a Crowd for Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tour
- Brooklyn's Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Is Probably Haunted
- What's Behind the Wall? Atlantic Ave. Tunnel Mystery
- Brooklyn's Atlantic Avenue Tunnel: What's Behind the Wall?
- Let Them Laugh: Bob Diamond's Brooklyn Trolley Idea Gains Traction
- Mole People Back in Brooklyn?
- Lineup For Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tour
- Brooklyn Spelunking: Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tours Return
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.