|Photo: MK Metz|
Hospital staffers were told late Tuesday.
SUNY's Board of Trustees were scheduled to hold a special hearing on Thursday afternoon regarding the fate of LICH, with a public comment period starting around 3:30 p.m.
The hearing is obviously a sham -- since the decision was made months ago, the Brooklyn Eagle reports.
Roy Sloane, president of the Cobble Hill Association, told the Eagle on Tuesday, “I don’t think anybody’s being fooled,” he said. “It’s a mockery of the public process.”
And that about sums it up.
- Will LICH Be Taken Private? Cuomo's Budget Calls for Brooklyn's First 'For-Profit' Hospital
- Brooklyn's LICH On the Verge of Closing - Endowment Drained?
- Unexpected: Head of Brooklyn's LICH Stepping Down
- LICH Is Now UHBLICH
- Donald and Mildred: We're Sorry About Losing All Your Money, and the Hospital, Too
- Gov. Paterson Announced LICH /SUNY Deal in Brooklyn Today
- Insurance Trouble at Brooklyn's LICH
- Petition to Save LICH
- Sucking Long Island Collage Hospital Dry?
- Long Island College Hospital In Big Trouble
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.