will be rallying in support of keeping LICH (Long Island College Hospital) open today before the 3 - 5 p.m. public hearing of SUNY's board of trustees.
- The public hearing will take place at the School of Optometry, 33 W. 42nd Street in Manhattan.
- SUNY Downstate President Williams will recommend closing LICH to save Downstate.
- The public comment period starts at 3:30 p.m. This is the last chance for supporters of LICH to make their cases to keep it open. If you want to speak but haven't registered, you have to show up before 2:30 p.m. and sign up. If there's time, you'll be able to speak 3 minutes.
- After the meeting, the SUNY board will pretend to give serious consideration to the points made by Brooklyn residents.
- A vote will take place.
- On Friday morning SUNY will announce its final decision. A press conference and community meeting will be held at Brooklyn Borough Hall Friday morning.
- LICH doctors and nurses will start flooding competing hospitals with resumes.
- The state Health Department will mull over the hospital's closing procedure application.
- LICH could close as soon as March, depending on how long Health Department takes to approve closing plan.
Previous LICH articles:
- Brooklyn's LICH Is Closing -- UPDATED
- Will LICH Be Taken Private? Cuomo's Budget Calls for Brooklyn's First 'For-Profit' Hospital
- Brooklyn's LICH On the Verge of Closing - Endowment Drained?
- Unexpected: Head of Brooklyn's LICH Stepping Down
- LICH Is Now UHBLICH
- Donald and Mildred: We're Sorry About Losing All Your Money, and the Hospital, Too
- Gov. Paterson Announced LICH /SUNY Deal in Brooklyn Today
- Insurance Trouble at Brooklyn's LICH
- Petition to Save LICH
- Sucking Long Island Collage Hospital Dry?
- Long Island College Hospital In Big Trouble
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.