- A Brooklyn couple will be the first to be married in zero-gravity. Their rings are made from a meteorite, and her dress was crafted by Japanese designer Eri Matsui specifically for zero-g's. Brooklyn Eagle
- Small business owners, mostly from the Clinton Hill-side of Fulton Street, delivered a letter of protest against the newly formed Fulton Street Business Improvement District. Brooklyn Paper
- Swine flu -- Beth Israel Medical Center says: “It is anticipated that the flu will be back in the fall with a vengeance. It will be an even stronger strain than the one we just saw that was initiated in Mexico." Uh oh. YourNabe
- 10,000 runners: The Brooklyn Half-Marathon is this Saturday, May 30th starting at 8 am in Prospect Park and ending in Coney Island. OTBKB
- Get ready for the BAMcinemaFest, the first annual film festival specially curated for the Brooklyn Academy of Music. indiewire
- A squash seed from Thomas Jefferson makes its way to Brooklyn. Brooklyn Eagle
Photo by Tanya Ryno, Creative Commons License
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.