|Photo by MK Metz|
These included the lack of an updated rendering, now that the building is "taller and skinnier."
Some new information came out, via the Brooklyn Eagle:
- Saint Ann's School may be taking a below-level floor, and is in negotiation to transfer air rights
- The affordable housing component of the project will be built in Clinton Hill
- Public design workshops will be held soon
- Accessible interim library space will be provided at Our Lady of Lebanon Church
- No one knows how much space the Business Library will take up when it moves to Grand Army Plaza
- A lot of residents are still really, really upset about the plan
- P.S. 8 is 142% overcapacity, and distant schools are also packed
- SHOCKING: “SCA did not want a school at this site because the feeling was that school buses would clog the whole area all the way to the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge."
Library officials met with blunt questions, cautious support at Brooklyn Heights meeting: Brooklyn Eagle
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.