Due to a requirement of the upcoming Superfund cleanup, the canal will soon receive a mandatory archaeological assessment, and who knows what might or might not be dredged up?
A list of opinions about what might be found at the bottom of the canal -- from mummies to guns -- appears at the end of the article (here).
- So How's the Gowanus Supercleanup Going?
- Gowanus Canal Superfund Designation: Who's Happy, Who's Sad . . .
- Gowanus Whole Foods Brownfield Cleanup Meeting
- Kentile As a Symbol of Gowanus
- Has Whole Foods Given Up on Gowanus?
- Toll Brothers Gowanus Development Meeting
- Gowanus Canal Solution: Aquablock!
Photo courtesy of Dept. of City Planning
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.