Friday, June 22, 2012
Roughly 2,500 Con Edison customers in Brooklyn and Queens are without electricity Thursday night / Friday morning, June 22.
Con Edison has reduced voltage in 17 Brooklyn and 20 Queens communities due to problems with electrical equipment. These neighborhoods include:
* Windsor Terrace, Kensington, Borough Park, Flatbush, Bensonhurst, and Dyker Heights.
* Sheepshead Bay, Marine Park, Gerritsen Beach, Midwood, Flatbush, and East Flatbush.
* East New York, Cypress Hills, Highland Park, City Line and Starrett City.
* Douglaston Manor, Douglaston, Little Neck, Bayside, Bay Terrace, Auburndale, College Point, Beechurst, Whitestone, Linden Hill, Murray Hill, and Queensborough Hill.
* Broad Channel, South Ozone Park, Howard Beach, Lindenwood, Ozone Park, Richmond Hill, Woodhaven and Kew Gardens.
The company has asked customers in these neighborhoods not to use appliances such as washers, dryers, air conditioners and other energy-intensive equipment and to turn off lights and televisions when not needed until the equipment problems are resolved.
The company also has dispatched a community outreach van to Borough Park. It is based at 50th Street between 14th and 15th Avenues.
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.