|Photo: Vastateparksstaff, Flickr|
You can drop off non-perishable food (canned or packaged) or money at six Brooklyn food banks or six other locations (so far) from December 2 - 20.
Here are the food banks the Chamber has partnered with:
- Bedford Stuyvesant Campaign Against Hunger; 2010 Fulton Street;(718) 773-3551
- Coney Island Lighthouse Mission; 2114 Mermaid Avenue;(718) 415-1170
- Masbia; 4114 14th Avenue;(718) 972-4446
- New Hope Family Worship Center; 817 Livonia Avenue;(718) 342-1305
- Reaching Out Services; 7708 New Utrecht Avenue; (718) 373-4565
- Greenpoint Food Pantry and Soup Kitchen; 136 Milton Street;(718) 383-5941
Food can also be dropped off at the locations below:
- Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce; 335 Adams Street, Suite 2700; (718) 875-1000
- Assemblyman Joseph Lentol, District Office; 619 Lorimer Street;(718) 383-7474
- Community Board 14 District Office (kosher food only); 810 East 16th Street; (718) 859-6357
- All Car Rent-A-Car; 335 Adams Street; 1st Floor Parking Garage;(347) 226-6933
- All Car Rent-A-Car; 61 Warren Street;(347) 226-6931
- Terra CRG; 592 Pacific Street;(718) 768-6888
"We should remember that this special time of the year isn't just about receiving gifts," said Carlo A. Scissura, President of the Chamber. "This is the time when we also need to help those Brooklynites who are less fortunate than ourselves."
All proceeds from the Brooklyn Chamber's Winter Gala raffle on December 18 will go to the cause.
Assemblyman Joseph Lentol, the Alliance for Coney Island and National Grid are supporting the program. One hundred National Grid employees have volunteered to help deliver and sort.
For other locations as they become available, please visit www.ibrooklyn.com/bkeatscares.
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.