The city recently announced that it is releasing money for a Brooklyn streetcar feasibility study. Bob Diamond, well-known champion of streetcars in Brooklyn, provided this map of the proposed route.
The route being studied would run from an intersection in Red Hook near Ikea, along Beard Street towards Fairway to Richards Street, and along Columbia Street through Red Hook and Cobble Hill to Atlantic Avenue. From there it would run along Boerum Place to Livingston and Fulton streets, where the trolley would circle around and head back to Red Hook along Van Brunt Street.
For the full story, visit the Brooklyn Eagle.
- Welcome Back Bob: Hundreds Take Sunday's Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tour
- Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tours Saved! BP Markowitz Prevails Upon Bob Diamond
- Atlantic Tunnel's Bob Diamond Leaving Brooklyn? Say It Ain't So!
- Quite a Crowd for Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tour
- Brooklyn's Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Is Probably Haunted
- What's Behind the Wall? Atlantic Ave. Tunnel Mystery
- Brooklyn's Atlantic Avenue Tunnel: What's Behind the Wall?
- Let Them Laugh: Bob Diamond's Brooklyn Trolley Idea Gains Traction
- Mole People Back in Brooklyn?
- Lineup For Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tour
- Brooklyn Spelunking: Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tours Return
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.