The Park Slope Civic Council sent us this notice about the "Moving Forward on Fourth Walk":
Join the Civic Council for "Moving Forward on Fourth": A walkabout to discuss the evolution of Fourth Avenue, on Saturday, November 6, 9:30 a.m.
Fourth Avenue and Ninth Street, under the east underpass of the subway station
(Rain date: Sunday, November 7, 2:30 p.m.)
* Learn about prospective plans for the Fourth Avenue / Ninth Street subway station
* Learn about improvements to safety along Fourth Avenue already underway
* Learn about plans to plant, beautify, and green along the corridor
* Learn about renovations to Washington Park (formerly JJ Byrne Park)
* Learn about proposals for the empty lot at Fourth Avenue and Sackett Street
* Give your ideas / feedback / suggestions for further, better improvements
Improvements to the Fourth Avenue corridor between the Prospect Expressway and Flatbush Avenue -- while slow to arrive -- are definitely coming! This is a chance for everyone to have a voice in what happens on Fourth Avenue.
To register for this event, send your name to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moving Forward on Fourth is an outgrowth from the Park Slope Civic Council’s forum on “The Future of Fourth Avenue,” a wide-ranging, community-building discussion held earlier this year to help shape progress along this important part of the neighborhood. More information about the forum and the Civic Council’s efforts along Fourth can be found at www.parkslopeciviccouncil.org/futureof4thavenue.
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.