We've been trying to find out how the National Geographic filming of the amazing Atlantic Avenue Tunnel is going. (And have they found What's Behind The Wall yet?)
Here's what we heard from National Geographic:
Meanwhile, the indefatigable Bob Diamond, champion* of the tunnel, has filed a notice of claim against the DOT, which has barred him from giving his immensely popular tours for safety reasons.
He says the DOT previously declared the tunnel safe for tours, and says the agency’s conduct is “arbitrary, capricious and constitutes an unlawful taking of property." (See Brooklyn Eagle for a bit more about this.)
UPDATE: A bartender at Montero’s Bar and Grill on Atlantic Avenue, confirmed that the Nat Geo crew had stopped into the bar for a break last week while they were taking images outside with a device called a magnetometer, according to the Brooklyn Eagle.
- National Geographic to Start Filming Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Documentary This Weekend
- Welcome Back Bob: Hundreds Take Sunday's Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tour
- Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tours Saved! BP Markowitz Prevails Upon Bob Diamond
- Atlantic Tunnel's Bob Diamond Leaving Brooklyn? Say It Ain't So!
- Quite a Crowd for Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tour
- Brooklyn's Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Is Probably Haunted
- What's Behind the Wall? Atlantic Ave. Tunnel Mystery
- Brooklyn's Atlantic Avenue Tunnel: What's Behind the Wall?
- Let Them Laugh: Bob Diamond's Brooklyn Trolley Idea Gains Traction
- Mole People Back in Brooklyn?
- Lineup For Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tour
- Brooklyn Spelunking: Atlantic Avenue Tunnel Tours Return
Photo copyright MK Metz
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.