|Photo by Eob|
From old favorites like the Winter Festival and Artisan Craft Fair at Brooklyn Friends School to the hip new Brooklyn Night Bazaar, Brooklynites looking for an alternative to the big chains will be buying their presents from small-time crafts people this weekend.
Here are a few:
- The Brooklyn Night Bazaar: A holiday fair with good food and music, this year's Bazaar is taking place every Friday and Saturday from November 23 until December 22. Williamsburg. More here.
- Brooklyn Holiday Book Fair: December 1, presented by the Old Stone House and Honey and Wax Booksellers. Features "rare and extraordinary books" from booksellers from across Brooklyn, and a reading of a rare first edition copy of The Gift of the Magi, by a (spoiler alert) surprise Brooklyn lit notable. More here.
- Holiday Handmade Cavalcade, a two day show of items crafted by the "Etsy NY Team" December 1 and 2 in Williamsburg. More at about.com
- Winter Festival and Artisan Craft Fair at Brooklyn Friends School: A holiday shopping event combined with a children's carnival on on Saturday December 1. More than 40 vendors, food, plenty of activities for kids, book sale, skateboard demo and more. Pearl Street in Downtown Brooklyn near the Marriott. Details here.
- P.S. 8 Holiday Craft Fair: family annual fundraising event on December 1 is designed to bring the P.S. 8 community in Brooklyn Heights together for an afternoon of crafting, shopping and eating. Info here.
*** Many more holiday fairs and shopping ops listed at the Brooklyn Eagle. ***
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.