It's Friday night, and Obama still has not text messaged his choice for vice president to a waiting world. Guess we'll have to wait until Saturday. In the meantime, it's time for competing rumors:
- The United States Secret Service has dispatched a protective detail to protect Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del., a source told ABC News.
- According to NBC News, Indiana Sen. Evan Bayh and Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine have been told by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama they will not be his vice presidential choice.
- KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reported that a company in Lenexa, which specializes in political literature, has been printing Obama-Bayh bumper stickers like crazy.
- Officials said the Obama campaign had taken the trouble to print material bearing the names of several potential ticketmates. NBC
- Officials said Rep. Chet Edwards, whose district includes President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, has (suddenly) made the list of finalists. AP
- Techies have figured out how to send out fake VP announcement text messages and have been freaking out their friends with phony VP choices, including Hillary Clinton and various superheroes. SMH
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.