Staples is looking to hire a retail store manager to coordinate and manage all operations for a store in the 11201 area of Brooklyn. (They are also looking for an assistant manager and other personnel.)
There is no Staples in the 11201 area. The 4th Avenue store is in 11215. The Greenpoint store is 11222. The Flatbush Avenue Staples is in the 11226 area.
Maybe it's just a quirk of the Staples hiring website, but -- Is it possible that Staples is planning a Downtown Brooklyn location?
It would have to be a relatively large space. The Staples we've visited always had two floors of retail.
The bottom two floors at 345 Adams Street (adjacent to the Marriott and the planned Morton's Steakhouse) are being developed as retail space -- this might be a good spot for for a Staples (though we were really holding out for an Apple store.)
Or maybe somewhere in City Point, the 1.5-million-square-foot development on the site of the old Albee Square Mall.
Manager job application here.
Assistant manager job application here.
Could 345 Adams Street be the future site of a Downtown Brooklyn Staples?
- The 'Secret History' of the Big Blank Wall at 345 Adams Street
- 345 Adams Street, Downtown Brooklyn
- Red Blooded Downtown Brooklynites to Dine on Barely-Cooked Steak at 'Morton's The Steakhouse' -- and Apple (Or Maybe Barneys) Might Move In Next Door
- Apple Store in Brooklyn -- A Recommendation
- Brooklyn's 'City Point' Compared to the Time-Warner Center; Can an Apple Store Be Far Behind?
Photo by MK Metz
Go to McBrooklyn's HOME PAGE.